Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Blogpoll Roundtable: EDSBS Style

Ok, so I'm not a voting member of the Blogpoll. As usual The boys over at EDSBS decided that we all should have a say and came up with their own version of the Blogpoll Roundtable. Clever one guys!

1) Education. List the region of the country you were born in, what universities you attended and at least one other you would have attended if your alma mater didn't exist.

Born : Los Angeles, California.

Undergraduate: Seeing that I didn't go to college my real life education was earned courtesy of the US Navy. Stops along the tour included the 1st Marine Division Camp Pendleton, CA and The National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD

Grad School: Numerous deployments overseas that include a myriad of third world countries that hate the USA. At least the Med was as beautiful as I imagined.

Universities you would attend if your alma mater didn't exist: The University of Southern California, of course. Or the the US Naval Academy. Let's just say that concentrating on my studies in High School was not a priority.

2) Sports Affiliations. List your top 10 favorite teams in all of sports in order. For instance, your alma mater's football team may be number 1, but perhaps there is a professional team that squeezes in before you get to your alma mater's lacrosse team.
  1. USC Football
  2. The Washington Redskins, during the first Gibbs era
  3. USC Football
  4. The Baltimore Orioles, During the Ripken era
  5. USC Football
  6. Navy Football, but only when they play Army or ND
  7. USC Baseball, well my dad played for Dedeaux
  8. The LA Lakers, during Magic's era
  9. USC Football
  10. The NY Jets, to keep the wife happy
3) Movies. List the movie you've watched the most, your favorite sports related movie, the movie you secretly love but don't like to admit it (possibly a chick flick or b film), and the movie you were (or still are) most looking forward to from this summer's season.

Movies I've watched the most: Wall Street, that whole Greed is Good thing.


4) Music. List your favorite band from middle school, high school, college and today. Also, as with the movies, include the song you secretly love but don't like to admit. If Nickleback is involved in any of these responses, please give a detailed explanation as to why, god, why.

Middle School: KISS, Ok so I'm a little older than most. I still remember getting KISS Alive I for my birhday and shreading two needles on my dads Sansui turntable.

High School: 1) Rush, by then I had my first drumset and I was determined to play along on the whole first side of 2112 while never missing a beat. 2) Van Halen, I saw them at Gazzarri's on the Sunset Strip right before they put out their firrst album in 1978. I never missed a tour until David Lee Roth left the group.


This guy is still my favorite

Navy: Pretty much the same as high school

Today: Well I gone in a lot of different direstions. I still hold onto Rush as my favorite group. I haven't missed a tour since Permanent waves in 1980 and I saw them last year at Radio City Music Hall for the R30 Tour. I have gotten more into Jazz, easier on the eardrums. I've spent a lot of time at the Irridium Jazz Club in NYC seeing a lot of the greats perform. From Les Paul to the Yellowjackets to Jaco Pastorius' Big Band. I still want to see Pat Metheny.

Secret Music Love: That tends to change as life happens. The Doobie Brothers "Without You" is my current secret music love because of the recent loss of some close to me.

5) Books. Favorite book you've finished, worst book you've finished and the book you really should read but haven't gotten around to it.

Favorite: Faith of My Fathers; Sen. John McCain and My Father, My Son; Adm. Elmo Zumwalt and Lt. Elmo Zumwalt Jr.



Worst: Beacuse He Could ; Dick Morris


Need to read: Fly Boys; James Bradley


6) Travel. Favorite city you've ever been to and the one place you still must visit before you shuffle off this mortal coil.

Favorite: St. Barts, it's easy to get to and easy to disappear while you're there.

It's easy to lose yourself here


Must Visit: Cuba. I have learned a lot about my Cuban heritage form my mom in the past few years and I would like to see it with her, but when I see it I hope the people are as free as we are here. Also Germany so that my wife can reconnect with her heritage.

7) What do you love most about college football in 20 words or less?

It reminds me of time spent with my dad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Peter said...

Paragon - email me, please.

peterbean@gmail.com

need to chat with you about something.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous nico said...

I can't believe I forgot "Rush" as my favorite band in high school.

For some reason, I got locked into thinking about metal, which was my main musical diet in high school.

1:30 AM  
Anonymous au pair agencies said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a au pair agencies site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home