Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The First Word

Welcome to Cardinal and Gold!

I know it's not an original title...

First off I'd like to thank Peter of Burnt Orange Nation and Kyle of Dawg Sports for their patience and encouragement in helping me get this up and running. They are true gentlemen who are not only passionate in their coverage of their respective teams but they also get the big picture. We may not always agree, we may sometimes needle each other in good fun, but ultimately we want to provide a sounding board that gets the conversation started. Their style of blogging will go a long way to bridging the gap between the blogosphere and the mainstream media. A heartfelt thanks you to you both.

I'm new to this whole blogging thing and so I have a lot to learn. The last 25 years of my life I have worked in the field of medicine, primarily Orthopaedics, and I have had not much time for anything else. Orthopaedics is my passion and something that I am pretty good at, so I'm told, but now I hope I can take that same passion that I have for my work and apply it to something that I find fun and entertaining. I don't know what direction this will take or how it will be received but hope that I can do as good a job as those that I have had the pleasure to read and interact with.

My goal is to try and focus on USC athletics but if something catches my eye I will put my $0.02 cents in. Most of you who know me from other sites know I'm not an SC alum; I'm just a fan. So I will tend to look at things a little differently than those who went to SC.

I only ask two things; One, that you be patient with me while I learn as I go, constructive criticism is welcome anytime. Two, that we keep it civil. I have no problem if you disagree with me but let's not have our disagreements break down into disrespect. All views bring something to the table.

So please come by often and check it out. If you have any ideas or suggestions e-mail me anytime.

Lets get the conversation started!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home